National Centre for Sport and Exercise Medicine
The National Centre for Sport and Exercise Medicine (NCSEM) is an Olympic legacy project delivering research, education and clinical services in sport, exercise and physical activity from three hubs across England:
The activity of the NCSEM covers five areas:
Leading research in sport, exercise and physical activity.
Providing academic rigor to evidence impact.
Using influence to effect changes in government policy around physical activity.
Supporting the education of healthcare professionals to improve the use of exercise prescription.
Translating discoveries into improved pathways of patient care.
Our work comes under five key themes, each relating to a different aspect of the value of physical activity:
- Optimising health and wellbeing, through lifestyle, physical activity and nutrition
- Exercise in the management of health conditions
- Rehabilitation and musculoskeletal health
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Supporting athlete performance and injury prevention